Physical therapy is a form of rehabilitation that your doctor may recommend after an illness or injury impacts your quality of life. The therapy is beneficial for men and for women of all ages, with an overall goal to ease pain and resolve issues with movement and functioning. It is important that you hire a good therapist to provide you with high-quality physical therapy Brandon FL in many different situations. Some of the most common reasons people use PT includes:
· Sports injury recovery
· Prevention of sports injuries
· Pain relief
· Improved mobility/movement
· Stroke rehabilitation
· Surgery rehabilitation
· Diabetes management
· Heart disease management
· Arthritis treatment and pain relief
· When Adapting to artificial limbs
Types of PT
There are numerous types of physical therapy available to treat different areas of the body and conditions. Your doctor and therapist will evaluate your specific needs to determine the best type of therapy for your needs. Examples of physical therapy include:
· Orthopedic: Orthopedic PT focuses on improving the bones and joints in the body. It is used after car accidents and other accidents, but also for aging patients suffering with conditions like arthritis and diabetes.’
· Neurological: Patients with conditions like MS and Parkinson’s disease use this therapy to improve their mobility. It also improves the automatic abilities the person enjoys.
· Pediatric: Pediatric PT provides care to children only. Children of all ages can use PT to improve conditions like cerebral palsy and neurological conditions.
Physical therapy can improve the overall well-being of a person who suffers from any conditions that affect their movement, comfort, or health. The information above is designed to help you understand that therapy works for many conditions. It is up to you to schedule an appointment with your doctor to ensure that you get the services that you need.